Fracking Question Time, Galtres Centre, Easingwold, 6pm - 9pm Saturday 29 October
Fracking will boost the local economy, create thousands of jobs, fund much needed road improvements and new civic facilities, and provide cheap energy."
"Fracking will industrialise the countryside, undermine tourism, hit property values, create noise, pollution and large volumes of HGV traffic, and be hazardous to health."
What do you believe? What are the facts? This is your opportunity to have your say and find out.
Admittance by ticket only - free online via Eventbrite (www.eventbrite.co.uk) or from the Galtres Centre
Chair: Helen Robinson, Recorder.
- Rob Arnott, Research Associate at the Oxford Institute for Energy Studies and oil industry strategist
- Councillor Lindsay Burr, North Yorkshire County Council, Malton Division, NY Independent
- Chris France, Director of Planning, North York Moors National Park Authority
- Dr Joanne Hawkins, Lecturer in Business Law, Leeds University, specialising in land law and environmental law
- Kevin Hollinrake MP, Thirsk & Malton
- Tom Pickering, Director Ineos Upstream