Husthwaite School and Apple Tree Nursery Autumn News
Just where did those 7 weeks go? After an extended summer break it was lovely welcoming the children back into school. They have all settled back into school life really well and have already been working hard.
The whole school topic for the first half term is fashion and music in the 20th Century and for the second half term children will undertake a local study of an area within the UK or world and investigate through the use of maps, compasses and aerial photography.
Activities and events that have either taken place or are planned so far this term include:
• Y6 children are participating in the Archbishop of York's Young Leaders Awards. A unique active citizenship programme which empower young people to make a difference in their local community and helps your students to develop key leadership skills. A charity bake will take place as part of their work towards the Award.
• Y6 children have participated in bikeability; a cycling proficiency course for children to enhance their awareness of bike and road skills.
• Years 2/3/4 have started their weekly swimming lessons.
• We shall be hosting the Orchard Club's October lunch in school where we shall play Boccia with them during the afternoon.
• On 6th October to launch our book fair week, we shall be holding a Mad Hatter's Tea and Read Party as a celebration of 150 years since the birth C Lewis Carroll who wrote Alice in Wonderland
• Children will represent the school this term in netball and cross country participating in matches with other schools in both the local cluster and across North Yorkshire.
• A new school Council will be elected.
• An energy day including workshops enabling us to continue our work towards the Silver Eco Award
• A talent show for pupils will enable children to showcase their skills
• A remembrance service will be held in school for KS2 children
• Our community Harvest Festival will be held on 21st October at 9am at school.
• We have welcomed toddlers to our monthly drop-in toddler mornings.
Extra curricular activities on offer this term include archery, film club, football, netball, dominoes, craft club, handbells and library club.
Apple Tree Nursery at Husthwaite Primary School- Rising 3s
We are delighted to have welcomed 6 new children into our nursery this term. As a reminder we also now accept children into nursery at the start of the term they turn 3 - please enquire at the school office for further details. Applications for the nursery can be made via the school website. We are continuing to hold our monthly toddler drop-in sessions. These are free sessions accessible by all pre-school age children - birth upwards - and their parents.
Raskelf/Easingwold/Husthwaite School Bus
We are pleased to announce that the bus service for children in Raskelf and Easingwold continues. If you know of anyone who would be interested in using this service, please contact the school for further details.
The next collection of ‘Bags2School' will take place at 9.00am on Thursday 22nd October.. Any second hand clothing, shoes, belts and handbags can be accepted - we get paid on the weight of the goods collected. Bags of goods for the collection can be brought to school from 7.30am on the morning of the collection. Black bin bags can be used for goods a quantity of the company's own bags are available for this purpose from the school office. The School's Christmas Fair will be held on Friday 4th December - 1.30-3.00 pm.
Wed 14 Oct Toddler drop-in session 9-11 am
Wed 21 Oct Community Service - Harvest Festival at school 9am
Thu 22 Oct Bags2School collection 9am
Fri 23 Oct School closes for half term
Mon 2 Nov School opens
Fri 20 Nov Toddler drop-in session 9-11 am
Fri 4 Dec School Christmas Fair 1.30-3.00 pm
Visits to the school are always welcome, or if you would like more information please feel free to contact us (01347 868371) or visit our website on www.husthwaite.n-yorks.sch.uk