Husthwaite School Officially 'Good'
On 16-17 October 2013 the School was inspected by Ofsted. The Inspector graded the School's overall effectiveness as good and reported that the school's strengths were:
- From their individual starting points, pupils achieve well and make good progress.
- Teaching is good. Teachers expect pupils to do well and plan imaginative activities that interest pupils well and, therefore, pupils are extremely motivated.
- Pupils understand how to keep themselves safe and act responsibly around school.
- Pupils thoroughly enjoy their school experiences in the happy and welcoming environment.
- Pupils behave very well and show great care and tolerance towards one another.
- The headteacher's ambitious and very clear view of how successful the school can be is shared by staff and the governing body.
- Governors provide a good balance of support and challenge for the school.
Pupils and staff are thrilled by the recognition of the school's success by Ofsted. Mrs Bainbridge, Headteacher, said "I am so proud of Husthwaite School and the progress we have made. The "good" inspection is a reflection of the hard work of all staff and our amazing pupils."